Thursday, December 14, 2017

Living DNA

Hi Cousins!  Thought I’d let you know about a new DNA company in town.  They are different than the other DNA companies at the present time, because they are doing a GEOGRAPHIC matching within the British Isles.  They have recently begun advertising quite a bit – their company is called LIVING DNA.  Below is a copy of a portion of a friend of mines results, who comes from very recent English/Irish immigrants to America:

 

 

 

At the current time they are not doing “cousin matching” but I believe they plan to offer that feature in the coming year. 

 

I was a bit curious about how this would come out for me, so I am going to do a test with them.  Inasmuch as my most recent immigrant ancestor is Charles Vosper from Plymouth (b. 1865), with ancestors from Cornwall, I expect my strongest % will be Cornwall.  However, I have other ancestors who immigrated in the 1600s from Ireland, Scotland, and various places in England, and I’m interested in seeing the results.  You can be sure I will let you know how it turns out!

 

If you haven’t yet tested your DNA, I urge you to take advantage of the holiday sales and test with Ancestry.com

 

Just thought I’d send this out while I’m waiting for more Cousin headshots….

 

Later,

 

Cousin Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment