Friday, September 13, 2019

Marriage record for Joseph Vosper and Lydia Isbell and a TIP for finding images of original registers

While going through Cousin Sheila’s emails, I was also looking up records on FamilySearch.org (in prep for my trip to SLC).  I was frustrated that the images of the records weren’t showing up when I did a record search.  I discovered, however, that if I looked up a person on the Tree search, that I could look at the citations, and the image of the register would appear there!  Yeah!

 

Here is an example:

 

 

Clicking on the URL highlighted, it brought up:

 

 

I could then click on the original, and find the record I was looking for.  A new avenue for finding original records for free!

 

 

I have saved a copy of the record of this marriage on my tree at: 

 

https://www.ancestry.com/mediaui-viewer/collection/1030/tree/47009625/person/6680772564/media/b70cac83-9674-4e1d-adf9-bb818d25b536?_phsrc=gGx4881&usePUBJs=true

 

Cousin Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment