Thursday, November 10, 2016

Another "NEW" Vosper Cousin - Carol Eades

Good morning Vosper Cousins!  I say 'good' because the sun did come up again, despite the American election.

Cousin Lesley got in touch with me telling me that after a recent Poldark episode which mentioned 'Elizabeth Vosper' (I think it was around October 30) that she had seen a number of posts in a Facebook group called Cornish Roots and Branches (I have since 'joined' the group).  She got in a discussion with Carol Eades, who has now joined our little Vosper Cousins group!

I put "NEW" in quotes because it turns out that Carol had gotten in touch with me when I was just starting my Vosper research, to let me know that one of the sources I was using, "Visitations of Cornwall" was incorrect, which made my tree incorrect.  She really got me started on the right path!  Over the course of the time I was working on our tree I lost track of her, so it is really good to reconnect again!

Carol indicates she was born in Gilsland, Northumberland, England.  I looked this up on the map and found I had visited the area when I went to Hadrian's Wall on my visit to England a few years ago.

I have updated our Cousin Chart with Carol's lineage, copy attached.   Carol's family is descended from John, and is the 9th column from the left.

Carol, the way our little group works is that I maintain a group email list and send out updates.  I started the blog in the last couple of months, adding old emails, as a way to provide past information in a place new cousins can look at.  A copy of appropriate, cleaned up (email addresses removed) emails is sent to the blog that you found.  The blog can be browsed, or there is a search capability as well.  It is a public blog, which is why you could find it, and there is no way to join it. 

In other Vosper Cousin news, Moira has sent in her husband, John Vosper's Y-DNA kit to FTDNA, and we're anxiously awaiting results to see if they match Robert Vosper's. 

Carol, do you have a brother who has done a Y-DNA test, by any chance?  We'd love to compare the results with Robert's!

I leave next week on a cruise and will not have much internet, so be patient with me if I don't respond to anything for a while.

Cousin Teri


No comments:

Post a Comment