Tuesday, June 27, 2017

We have a new member of our Vosper Cousins group, Glenda Mattes from the Boston area

Hello everyone!

 

As you can see from the subject, Glenda is joining our little group. She found us through the Vosper Cousins Blog!  She is a descendant of the Barriball family, and I have attached an updated Cousin Chart. 

 

Rather than telling you about Glenda, I've decided to include her message to me, below, which speaks volumes about Glenda's commitment to genealogy.

 

I'm looking forward to getting to know Glenda and am excited to see what contributions she can make – with her contacts with the Online Parish Clerks group in Cornwall I'm sure she'll be invaluable to Vosper research….

 

Have a great week!

 

Cousin Teri

 

From: Glenda Mattes
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 10:12 PM
Subject: RE: New message from info_seeker on Ancestry.com: Vosper extension

 

Hi Teri,

 

Here is my Vosper descent from Mary, d/o Joseph & Mary (Prest) Vosper

Mary Vosper Barriball

William Barriball

Catherine Barriball Parsons

William Parsons

Charles Parsons

Charles Parsons

William C. Parsons

Irma Parsons Garrelts

Glenda Garrelts Mattes in Boston, MA

 

I have had my DNA done by FamilyTree and 23andMe.  There is a tree of sorts connected to my FamilyTree results. 

 

I have been working on family history with varying intensities since about 1980 when I set off to collect stories and pictures on a journey around Kansas when I was living near San Francisco.  Then my husband took a job in England in 1996 and that's when I got more serious.  I've transcribed various parish registers in Wales and Cornwall.  I am the OPC for Werrington so I know that resource well.  I also photographed and recorded the inscriptions for the Werrington churchyard.  When my father died in 2000, I decided to get serious so started trying to put books together when I retired in 2003 – the first one took me until 2016, Touching Dirt, Vol. I.  Hope my mom's doesn't take as long, but it's all turning out to be much more complex.

I do not have an online family tree.  I have several cousins who have online trees.  I can direct you to them if you need.

 

I have done some work with Gary Boyd Roberts on the Arundell line going back.  I think there is also a connection to Henry I of France:

…[deleted by Teri]...

None of this is ready for sharing.  When finish, I will happily share all of it – just thought you might like to know about the royal connection.

 

I am in touch with several other Vosper cousins, one in particular, Anne Benoy in Canberra, Australia was born in Cornwall and goes back every year.  I have recently returned from a quick 5 days when I got to visit Trerice Manor.

I also had a few hours in CRO Truro where I found this:

 

Daniel Vosper of Tamerton, gentleman took to wife Judith the daughter of Oliver Dinham of Saltash, 1 November 1621

 

I am working on your Vosper Extension.  I need to see everything for myself.  I found Johannes died 10 March 1590 in St. Mellion but none of the rest so far.  Have just now looked at your tree so will work from that.

 

You have done an amazing amount of work…very pleased to have found you.

 

Best,

Glenda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment