Saturday, July 22, 2017

RE: Cousin Lesley's brother Tony's Vosper DNA matches

Happy Saturday Vosper Cousins, unless it's Sunday – then Happy Sunday!

 

My last email with Glenda's DNA matches prompted this reply from Lesley Dawson, pointing out that I had missed Tony in the analysis.  Sorry about that, Lesley!  I've been overwhelmed with some other DNA work, and I missed the email with your brother's GedMatch number.  I've now updated my database, and he will be included in future analysis.

 

Lesley, I'll get back to you individually about the GMP issues.

 

Cousins, I did all the positive matches that Lesley documented below and put them in my database – it's nice to see that BIG match with Cousin Paula!

 

Here are some segment matches I have from the Vosper/Bawden MRCA (Most Recent Common Ancestors):

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These graphics are from GenomeMatePro, a free DNA analysis tool I use to store my results.  I don't have profiles for each of the Vosper Cousins, just my immediate family and descendants of Charles Vosper who was the immigrant Vosper that came to America to found my family. 

 

I have also received an email from Cousin Carol with her GedMatch results, so I'll be updating my records with her data, and sending out one more update on the DNA matches we share. 

 

Frankly, I find it amazing that we have even these small matches so far back!  But then, I find it amazing that we, such distant cousins, have gotten in touch with each other!

 

Take care,

 

Cousin Teri

 

From: Lesley Dawson
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:01 AM
To: Info Seeker
Subject: My brother Tony's Vosper matches

 

Hi Teri

I don't have all the Gedmatch numbers for the Vosper group but here are a few results for my brother Tony Parker (I did send his Gedmatch number a while ago).  Obviously he matches my sister Monica and myself.

No doubt you have more Gedmatch numbers than I have but he matches to quite a few of the group.  I wouldn't know how to take it any further as I'm still grappling with the ins and outs of GMP and still having a LOT of trouble uploading data from FTDna into it.  Managed Ancestry and Gedmatch OK but FTDna can get no data in for any of my profiles!

Let me know if you need any more details.

Regards

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment