Sunday, May 28, 2017

New Vosper Cousin - Bernice A Darby of Sydney, Australia

Good day, Vosper Cousins!

 

The past week has been a busy one for Vosper Cousins, and I’m happy to introduce our newest member, Bernice (Darby) Bourne, a descendant of Joanna Vosper.  That makes 3 lines from Joanna!   

 

I have updated our Vosper Cousin Chart, and it is attached.  You’ll find Bernice’s lineage in the twelfth column from the left.

 

In keeping with our practice of keeping email addresses off the internet, I will send out a separate email with Bernice’s email address, which will enable you to reach out to her directly, if you’d like to.

 

Bernice, you can find a record of our past correspondence on the Vosper Blog at http://vospercousins.blogspot.com/ .  There is a little search box on the upper left hand corner if you’d like to search for a specific topic. 

 

I’ve included one of Bernice’s original emails to me, below, which describes her lineage and will give you a little feel for Bernice’s personality.

 

Welcome, Bernice!

 

From: Bernice A Darby
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:12 PM
To: 'Infoseeker@Gmail'
Subject: RE: Vosper Cousin

 

Dear Teri

 

Many thanks for your response.  How very exciting.  I would love to be a part of your group of 'cousins'.

 

As a positioning, my line from John Menhinnett & Hannah Sawdy - is through their daughter Maria, who married John Marshall in Bodmin in 1838.

They had two daughters - Catherine (or aka Caroline) & Anna Maria (my gg g/mother).

Maria died in Plymouth in 1852, then John married again in 1853 and sailed for Adelaide.  I only discovered the voyage to Adelaide a couple of years ago, from a marriage notice when Anna Maria married Philip Heydon in Sydney in 1864.

It stated that Anna was the second daughter of John Marshall of Adelaide.  Woo Hoo!  Up until then who was John Marshall amongst the gazillion other John Marshalls that popped up?

In quick order, I obtained his second marriage certificate from England, then organised a trip to Adelaide to follow up his trail.

I am very happy to provide details of the information that I have for John Menhinnett and family, just let me know how you would like to do this.

 

As far as the Vosper family is concerned, I started looking at this in more details because the name Joanna Goddard Vosper had always intrigued me, but until this last Christmas, hadn't had the time to have a good look at it.

Cautiously back to Daniel Vosper marrying Judith Dinham in 1621 and have a copy of his Will, but am very happy to have corrections etc. where I have gone astray.

 

Looking forward to hearing from you regarding your newsletter or any other queries.

Kind regards

 

Bernice

 

No comments:

Post a Comment