Wednesday, August 21, 2019

FW: Vospers

Hello Vosper Cousins!  I have a lot to share with you – I will start with this correspondence from Marian, who had originally left a comment on our Blog, http://vospercousins.blogspot.com/   .  I asked her some questions, and she responded with the correspondence below, in addition to inviting me to her trees.

 

I have not had time to do all the research to confirm exactly how our trees coincide, but I think it's interesting that this is the fourth family group of Vospers from different locations.  We have "our" group of Vospers from Cornwall/Devon, there is a Vosper link in Ireland, the Vospers of the Vosper Boat Company in Portsmouth, and Marian's family from Tewkesbury:

 

 

It would be interesting to know how they all link together, wouldn't it?

 

Cousin Teri

 

From: Marian
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:38 AM

Subject: Vospers

 

Hi

Long story.  Since I posted on your page . I have done much research.  All the information on my old Vospers born Tewkesbury has been moved to my Tree Marian Collins.

 

 

All the Vospers born Tewkesbury listed on the IGI  Excepting three are related to me. Many think John & Samuel  first Vospers to Live in Tewkesbury are the sons of John Vosper and Elizabeth Thorn . You noted that the dates for Samuel did not  jive.   I have now confirmed that John Samuel Harriett and Thomas were the children of a Richard Vosper and Araminta Tanguy See my Somerset Vosper tree . 

 

There was two Araminta' s  born Cornwall a few months apart they were cousins I have sorted them out.  I also discovered there were two John Vospers born 1761 I made trees for both of them many have them and their kids mixed up .

 

I also have an Exeter born Vosper tree.

 

Richard Vosper went to sea some records are at the British Archives the Dr report gave his age which gave me his aprox age and another stated he had his Pay sent home to his wife Araminta. I seem to remember that one of his ship mated was a Ward, Araminta was on the census in 1841 living back in Exeter with a Thomas Ward think I did his tree think he was the son of the ward shipmate. 

 

Regarding Thomas Vosper he went up north all the Vospers in the north of England are related to him . (wrighting this from my memory LOL) Its all on my tree. 

 

Richard and Araminta married in Taunton in Somerset and John was born there I have all the sources.  Interesting to see the use of names in the kids of John and Samuel of Tewkesbury .

 

There was a few other Vospers recorded as living in Somerset  A Joesph and an Ezekiel. 

 

Seam to remember somewhere on the net   an Ezekiel Vosper was something to do with mining coal . My theory as the Tin mines ran out the coal mines of Somerset started .so the Vospers moved. 

 

Can't prove it but I tend to think that the John Vosper and Elizabeth Thorn who also baptised a John Vosper in the Meeting house in Exeter  was relation of  Richard, may be brothers ?  Many years ago on the net I came across a link to a fellow in Tewkesbury who had written a book about his Vosper ancestor who went to sea , the book was in a navel museum catalog in the UK , darn computer crashed and I lost the link and haven't been able to find it. 

 

Have to run its late.

 

Sorting out my DNA matches , have some matches to Thomas Vospers descendants.  Some matches to who I think are the ancestors of Araminta s dads family . And lots of matches to Tewkesbury old family's.   

 

Now my Dad was adopted but I have his adoption records . His Mother was also kind of adopted by her baptism & marriage of her mum, Her step dad was an Alfred Collins I did his tree and he was acutely related to  his stepdaughter via the Vospers its truly complicated. 

 

The was another Vosper record in Tewkesbury I will have to look it up  its strange it was a baptism of a boy who turned out to be a girl and I have dna matches to her descendants , I have not been able to figure out who she is am thinking she might be a sister or another kid of Richard. Other think you might be interested in is an account of a William Vosper who lived here Chronology of The Royal Hospital School RHS

 

 

Hope you find all my trees

Best wishes

Marian

 

F Charles Collins

GM Annie Robinson Heath aka Annie Collins Aka Nancy Collins

GGM Elizabeth Heath was born on September 18, 1882, in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England, her father, Samuel, was 22, and her mother, Elizabeth, was 22. She had one daughter from one relationship. She then married Alfred Collins and they had seven children together. She died in December 1965 in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England, at the age of 83

GGGM. Elizabeth Vosper was born in December 1859 in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England, her father, John, was 30, and her mother, Elizabeth, was 24. She had one son from one relationship. She then married Samuel Heath and they had nine children together. She died in September 1933 in her hometown at the age of 73.

[GGGGF.  John Vosper}

 

No comments:

Post a Comment