Sunday, January 5, 2020

Announcing a new cousin: Kenneth Vosper

Some exciting new news on the Vosper front – there is a new cousin, Kenneth Vosper, who is on our radar.  Actually, Lesley found him a few months ago, as did Jon – I’ve just been terribly slow to respond! 

Here is how Ancestry shows his DNA matches to our cousins (the ones who have shared their DNA with me):


My brother:

Cousin David:

Oops, nothing for cousin Lesley:






SUSAN BRENT KATZBAN IS THE WINNER, with the largest amount!  Given that her relationship is through a NPE (not the parent expected), this will be very exciting to her!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
CORRECTION:  THE 23andme Kenneth Vosper is  a DIFFERENT Kenneth Vosper, so the following section does not refer to this new cousin:

 In addition IN A VERY EXCITING WAY, Cousin Jon reports he is a Y DNA match to Cousin Ken, according to 23andme:


Why is this so exciting?  Because 1) it confirms the Jewish haplotype goes back 6 generations 2) it confirms there were no NPEs in both family lines.

Here is what the confirmation looks like visually (although Kenneth’s lineage is still a bit up in the air – we’ve got to figure out which Thomas Dyer Vosper his father is descended from):

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken, and any other cousins who have forgotten, I have a blog where all the Vosper Cousin correspondence is kept:  http://vospercousins.blogspot.com/

Most recently I was in Salt Lake City looking up copies of the original BMD records for the Vosper line, and there are copies of all of the ones I found on the blog, as well as on my tree at:  https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tree/47009625/family/pedigree?cfpid=6669495099&selnode=1

There are also things I found of interest during my research, like our relationship on the Vosper line to William the Conqueror.  To find anything, use the search box on the upper left hand side:



If anyone would like to share their DNA results with me, to help further the Vosper research, you can do it by going to your DNA settings, go to Sharing Preferences, and clicking “Change” and then going to the bottom and clicking “Add a person”  and enter my email address.

I will send out an updated Cousin Chart as soon as we figure out which Thomas Dyer Vosper is Kenneth’s grandfather.

Oh, I’ve been on a bit of a ‘tear’ since finding Kenneth, so there are more posts from me than usual.

Have a wonderful week!

Cousin Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment