Tuesday, January 14, 2020

FW: Corrections to the various Thomas Dyer Vospers in my tree - I was SO CONFUSED!

Our dear cousin Tricia was ever so helpful in pointing out some errors in my tree regarding the various Thomas Dyer Vospers.  You can see her  comments below, and note that I have made the corrections on my tree.

 

I SINCERELY hope that all of you will point out any errors on the tree….

 

Thanks, Tricia! 

 

Now, on to straighten out Kenneth's lineage!

 

Oh, and Kenneth has indicated that he is NOT the Kenneth who has the Y-DNA Haplogroup on 23andme – that is a different Kenneth.

 

 

Cousin Teri

 

From: Tricia
Sent: Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:18 AM
To: Infoseeker

Subject: Thomas Dyer Vosper 1887 to 1980

 

Hi Teri,

 

Thank you for your Christmas and New Year greetings.  I hope you had an enjoyable time and a happy New Year to you too.

 

Also thank you for recent cousins' emails which prompted me to log into my Ancestry account (which I have not done for some time) to add some relatives. 

 

In doing so I noticed in your family tree that you have my grandfather Thomas Dyer Vosper (born 12th December 1887 and died 4th December 1980) as incorrectly being married twice.  The second time to Beatrice Maud Blundell 1885 to 1955. This errors then compounds and shows  my mother  Della Elizabeth Vosper (born1919) having a half sister Lilian Myra which she certainly does not have and nor does she have a brother William Robert Vosper.  She has one brother Owen John (deceased)  whom I have chosen not to add to my tree whilst my mother is still living.

 

So my grandfather was never married twice, but my great grandfather Thomas Dyer Vosper 1860 to 1941 was.  The first marriage was to Alice Kate Savery  and there were 4 children - Alice, Edmund Savery, Thomas Dyer (my grandfather) and Harry Savery.  Sadly Alice was only 34 when she died.  (I remember well her portrait hung proudly in my grandfather's house)! 

My great grandfather remarried some years later in 1904 when he was 44 and his 2nd wife Beatrice Maud Blundell was just 19!  They had three children Elsie, George and Vera.  George is the grandfather of cousin Graham in Plymouth.    Also it is my grandfather Thomas Dyer (1887 to 1980) who was in World War 1 and has war medals not his father.

 

Having 3 Thomas Dyers I think is very confusing and has certainly caught me out when I've been adding details, so I hope you don't mind me getting in touch.  Also I thought it might be significant if you are looking at the lineage of Kenneth re your recent emails.

 

Thank you so much for keeping our cousins in touch and all the research you are doing - it is very much appreciated.

 

With very best wishes

Tricia

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment