Saturday, May 30, 2020

Going 'dark' for awhile

I have spent many years searching for my father, who I’ve been estranged from for many years.   A few days ago I found this:

 

 

I am not going to pretend that my father and I were close, or that I am even in mourning, but I do want to understand more about who he was as a man.  For the first time, I actually have the opportunity to talk with people who knew him who can tell me what he was like, and I’ve been spending a LOT of hours doing just that.

 

To give you an example of what kind of man he was, here is an article I found about him:  https://www.postguam.com/news/local/wwii-vet-faces-eviction-difficulty-with-services/article_bfbc3016-f1d5-11e7-82b1-eb19b1affce8.html .  He was certainly one of a kind.

 

I have his affairs to clean up, and my research into his life to complete, so I will not be able to work on all things Vosper for a while, perhaps for a couple of months (he has 22 “recent” addresses!). 

 

------------------------------

 

I have had on my plate for some time working with a Vosper descendant where the Vosper’s lived in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. Unfortunately, (I feel so guilty!) I have not had the time to work on figuring out how they connect.  If you are interested in taking this on while I’m busy, please get in touch, and I will put you in touch with the Tewkesbury descendant.

 

Stay well, stay safe,

 

Cousin Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment