Saturday, May 16, 2020

New Vosper Cousin - Brittany Warren


Hello, Vosper Cousins! 

I’ve popped out of my home renovation cocoon long enough to correspond with a NEW Vosper cousin who has found my tree on Ancestry (https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tree/47009625/family/pedigree?cfpid=6669495099).   Her name is Brittany Warren, and she lives near Philadelphia, Pennsyslvania, USA.

What is so UNUSUAL is HOW she plugs into the Vosper tree (see cousin chart, attached).  While all the rest of us descend from Daniel Vosper (1592-1637), Brittany traces her line to “Thomas Vosper (1577-1631), son of Thomas Vosper”.  We believe the father to be the Thomas Vosper (1537-1596), who was the son of Johanes Vosper (1511-1590).


This is hard to determine, because there is no indication of the mother’s name given, so being 100% sure of WHICH Thomas Vosper is a bit tricky.  However, this Thomas (1537-1596) appears the most reasonable in terms of his age at time of birth.  You can view the Thomas Vosper that Brittany descends from on my tree at https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/47009625/person/7032399081/facts.  It’s interesting that he married a Henwood, as many of us have that surname in our lineage as well: 


So Britanny, we may be double cousins, on the Henwood and Vosper lines.

This is Brittany’s lineage, as shown on the far right of the chart:


Brittany’s mother and Brittany have both tested on Ancestry, and have downloaded to Gedmatch, but I have not gotten details on their testing yet.  I did look for Brittany’s test on all of the Vosper cousins who have shared their DNA with me, but did not find  a match.  This is actually to be expected this many generations back.

I’m still busy with house projects, so have to run, but hope this message finds you well, happy, and safe!

Hibernating in California,

Cousin Teri

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    My name is Amy Vander Kelen. I came across you page while researching my Vosper Family connections. My 3x Great Grandmother was Emma Jane Shugg - Daughter of Samuel Shugg - Descended from Anne Vosper who married Jervas Shugg.
    I would love to connect with you. I've been review your Vosper Cousins page. Very interesting.
    I've starting my genealogy research over 25 years ago, and recently just started to dig into the Shugg/Vosper lines again.

    Amy Vander Kelen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy. Could you please get in touch with me at infoseeker1980 @ gmail.com? (Remove the spaces - put there to avoid spam)

      Delete