Thursday, September 8, 2016

I know....I've been a bad girl... I haven't been doing any Vosper research!

From: Info Seeker
Sent: Sunday, 24 April 2016 9:15 AM
To:
Subject: I know....I've been a bad girl... I haven't been doing any Vosper research!

Hi Cousins!

I've been busy doing a lot of things with DNA on other lines of my family tree, but there are some interesting things to report:

11)      We have gotten an interesting match on cousin Robert Vosper's Y DNA – a match to an Italian named VESPERTINO.  Hmmm…..very close, don't you think?  VOSPER, VESPERtino?  His father was adopted as a baby in 1916 in Sicily.  We are speculating that perhaps an English VOSPER soldier had a fling in southern Italy while being deployed for WWI…..   Anyone know of anyone who was stationed there then?  I'm hoping he will get an autosomal test for more comparisons.

22)      I've been having fun …. Shopping!  I finally found a copy of the children's book, "The Vospers' Boat" by Jill Eggleton.  Love it!  I also discovered the books "Saltash Remembered" by Douglas C. Vosper, Volumes I and II, and I was able to procure them from a bookseller in London.  I had hoped for some family remanences, but instead found the teeny tiny "volumes" to be just a collection of photos of Saltash, home of at least two branches of the Vosper family in Cornwall (across from Plymouth).   Not only is there no family info, but they SMELL!  (but still, interesting)

33)     Cousin Robert N. Vosper has sent some of the professionally generated VOSPER genealogy documents commercially available, which I've scanned and have attached.

a.      The family Name History document has some interesting info, attributing the name to VESPER origins, and being Dutch in origin.  It is in the last paragraph of the document attached.   Yet another avenue to research!
b.     The Family Name History 2 document has some of the same info as above, but also references a Richard Vosper who was 'sentenced to transportation' to America in 1746.  This may be the source of the Long Island Vospers who claim they are of no relation…..
c.      The third is the family coa – the crest we've seen a few times.

44)      We have a DNA "Scholarship" available for a Y-DNA test.  To be eligible you must be a male with the Vosper surname, from an unbroken line of males with the surname VOSPER.  Contact me for information.

Hope everyone is doing well, and this little message finds you happy and healthy! 

Cousin Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment