Thursday, September 8, 2016

Vosper lineage - Moira Vosper

From: Moira Vosper
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 4:58 PM
To: infoseeker
Subject: Vosper lineage

Hello Teri! 
Please don't think I'm ignoring you - work, family and Christmas get in the way of genealogy - much to my dismay!!!! I have copied previous conversation to here purely for continuity!
Some answers for you: I was referring to Grenock Scotland where the Vospers lived and Ian was born in 1919 and they emigrated to Australia on the Moreton Bay from London in 1928-29. I have FInd My Past but don't have Ancestry - but will try to get on to my sister's account.
We haven't been to see John's Aunt as yet, but will do so as soon as work allows. She will have answers to the headstones. Thank you for the things you do send me, I will try to access Ancestry later today.
Hope you enjoyed your Christmas!
Regards
Moira 
info_seeker
Dec 19, 2015
The thing about the headstone on http://person.ancestry.com/tree/21230148/person/1049980084/facts is that it shows a different last name for the wife - Fulton, along with the Gilfallin name...
I haven't heard from you...I also found this gravestone on Ancestry: http://mv.ancestry.com/viewer/7a61c432-6c88-47a6-8cca-b026bc91b3c7/21230148/1049980084 which shows the family. Do you have ancestry? If you send me a regular email I can send you some things on regular email -- I can't add attachments here.

Teri
infoseeker1980@gmail.com
Hi Moira! It might be helpful to know if they were from England before migrating to Greenock....and that is Greenock, South Australia, not Greenock, Scotland, right? Were they from Cornwall or Devon in England? Does Pillaton or St. Germains ring a bell?

There are a few trees that seem to be about your family, the earliest one I found, was http://person.ancestry.com/tree/21230148/person/19032193831/facts

Since your husband's surname is Vosper, he is probably in an unbroken line of male Vospers. It would be very interesting to see if he matches my cousin's Haplogroup (also male-to-male), which is quite unusual for Cornwall. Has he ever considered getting his DNA analysis done? He would need to do the 23andme or FamilyTreeDNA test to get the Y chromosome test.

Teri
Moira Vosper
Dec 05, 2015
Hello Teri, nice to hear from you, apologies for the delay in replying!

My husband is John Elliott Vosper;
his father is John Elliott Vosper (known as Ian) who was b 1919 in Greenock;
his grandfather is William Henry Vosper. William married Margaret Muir McFerrin and the Vosper's and senior McFerrin's emigrated to Australia from in 1929.
William Vosper's father was John Elliott Vosper who married Maryann Gilfillan.

Hope this helps you. Please let me know if there is a family connection as there is one remaining daughter of William and Margaret who would love to hear more news.

Regards, Moira
Nov 22, 2015
Hi Moira! I am a descendant of the "original" Johannes Vosper in England, and have found many Vospers. Can you tell me something about your lineage? I don't see a link to your tree. My Vospers are on my Bennett tree.

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment