Thursday, September 8, 2016

Updated family tree - David Hillman Tree

From: Yvonne Morant
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:03 AM
To: 'Info Seeker'
Subject: RE: Updated family tree

Hi Teri and All
I have come across someone's genealogy online which includes our Vospers and Trevospers and introduces another variation, i.e. Trevosburgh and Trefosburgh. It seems to gel nicely with ours and includes notes that suggest data has come from legal documents although it doesn't say which. I think it also explains the [Rec] that was inserted into Johanes Vosper's name as these records each have a number which for some reason appears between the first and second names of each person.
This site belongs to one David Hillman of Oxfordshire on Genealogy.com. Here is the link to the page that has John Vosper died 1590, (i.e Johanes, son of William) and by clicking on the father's name you can go right back to William Trefosburgh, that's 3 generations back from William Trevosper and Jane Downe. Now all I need to do is validate this myself but it does look as if this David Hillman has been competent.

There's always more, isn't there?



Regards
Yvonne Morant
Perth, Western Australia

2 comments:

  1. Please take a look at my Tewkesbury Vosper tree on ancestery It accounts for all the Tewkesbury born Vosper's Descending from John and Samuel of Exeter and to the John Vosper born Cornwall of Ireland ????? There is also a couple of moved in Vosper's Think I have accounted for all who are listed on the IGI as Tewkesbury Born. I was quite confident I have the tree right, up in till I found Records For Richard Vosper and Joseph Vosper in Somerset. I have made trees for them both on ancestery. The interesting thing is Richard Vosper married an Araminta Tanguy ? I just found the marriage record! (By the way there are two Araminta born Cornwall cant tell which is which ) Araminta is an uncomment name only found in the genealogy of the Vosper's or Tewkesbury and the Wife of Richard and in his descendants family and that it for the UK. Interesting That this Richard had a son John? I am now thinking perhaps I have got it wrong and this John is the john who came to Tewkesbury. Or perhaps this Richard is a brother to John who's son came to Tewkesbury and that's how the name Araminta ended up in Tewkesbury. Would like a fresh look and your thoughts as If I am right it could effect your Vosper lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thomasyne - I just found this. Do you have an email address I can respond to you on?

      Teri
      infoseeker1980@gmail.com

      Delete