Thursday, September 8, 2016

Information about Trevosper and Piper's Pond


From: Teri
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 9:50 AM
To: 'P & G Corner'
Subject: RE: Information about Trevosper

Dear Geoff,

How incredibly kind of you!  I never expected you to do such research….just thought you might have something lying about for the guests about the area….

I’m especially interested in the article written for the Cornwall Historical Society, and am trying to get in touch with the author, David Hillman.

Just yesterday I received some records I’d ordered from the Cornwall Record Office, and I plan to spend the day trying to understand the old (ca. 1572) writing.

Now you’ve given me a lot of other work, as well!

Just for kicks, I’ve enclosed a copy of the Vosper Cousin chart I’ve created, showing ‘our’ relationships and our Vosper lines.  Is your family descended from the Vospers, or was the property a purchase?

Trevosper Barn looks positively wonderful, and you can be sure if we plan a family reunion we’ll be contacting your children about accommodations.

Is there any local knowledge of Piper’s Pond?  I saw on one of the old legal documents that the widow of John Trevosper had married a Pypers, and I wondered if that family is what Piper’s Pond was named for….  Here is the record:

Again, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all the hard work you did….so few people understand the desire to know about the past, and to have a ‘stranger’ answer an email in such a way is absolutely heartwarming….

With highest regards,

Teri
Descendant of John Trevosper

No comments:

Post a Comment