Sunday, September 11, 2016

Vosper home for sale with pictures - Y DNA scholarship dilemma

Hi Vosper Cousins,

 

Lesley sent the information below about a Vosper property called "Trewoofe" which is  for sale (see her email below)– it is really charming, and I'd give my left arm for the furniture!  Take a gander at the slide show before the house sells and is off the market.

 

While it is down in the general area of Penzance, I note from the map below that it is next to LAMORNA, which figured in an earlier couple of posts in our correspondence:

 

 

SO perhaps it was this branch of the Vosper family that the article was referring to.

 

I do have this family on my tree (Richard Vosper m. Prudence Levelis).  ….   But we have never found any descendants from this branch of the family.  David Hillman has stated that all living Vospers are descended from DANIEL on our line, if I recall correctly.

 

Have you noticed that on the BLOG page you can do a search?  

 

Just put your search term in the little box on the upper left hand side:

 

 

It'll bring up all the information that contains that term….

 

We do have a DNA 'scholarship' available for a male with the surname VOSPER who can demonstrate a male-to-male heritage from Johannes.  Just yesterday Moira told me that she has gotten agreement from Gary Vosper to do a Y Test.  Because Moira's family line is the farthest back we've found (in terms of separation from Robert Vosper), a Y-test match would be very valuable.  It would be great if we got a match from your brother as well, which would  confirm your family's lineage.  At this point, however, we only have one 'scholarship' available.  Since Moira got back to me first and it would be the most valuable, I need to grant the scholarship to that test, if it can be done in a timely manner, and we can verify the lineage of Gary.  This 'scholarship' is being funded by Robert Vosper and me, it's not some institutional thing.   The cost of the test is $169 through FTDNA, which is where the testing must be done in order to compare it to Robert's.

 

Cousin Teri

 

From: Lesley Dawson [mailto:mail@lesleydawson.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 7:49 AM
To: Info Seeker
Subject: Re: DNA comparison with cousin Lesley

 

Hi Teri

Hey, I'm not getting any other work done here!

I thought you might be interested in a Vosper house for sale
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37918755.html

My sister and I visited it many years ago and bought a book from the owner by Margaret Powell.  You can see in the house details, some quilts on the 2 single beds that she did of the history of the house - Trewoofe which contains the coat of arms of the Vospers.  Richard Vosper married the daughter of the owner of Trewoofe, Arthur Levelis and so it became a Vosper house.  We have never laid claim to be from this branch of the Vospers - does anyone have a Richard Vosper marrying a Prudence Lavalis 27 Feb 1766 in St Buryan?  I think there was a John Vosper of Trewoofe around at the same time as the John Vosper who married Grace Goddard.

My brother may do a DNA Y test if I ask him nicely!!!

Cardiff is where I was born and brought up although we went away to school in England.

Regards

Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment