Thursday, September 8, 2016

Vosper in Burke's Peerage, mentioning Silesia

The relevant page from Burke's Peerage and the email from David Hillman is shown below

From: Cate Williams
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2016 8:16 AM
To: infoseeker
Subject: Vosper

Hi Teri - I am attaching the Burke's stuff. Guess who sent it to me ages 
ago? David Hillman! There's a nice bit of small world for us both today.

I am also giving you access to my family tree. I will be honest, it's an 
embarrassing mess. The people closest to present day are in good shape and 
reliable with good sources, etc. but the folks back in time are awful. I'm 
trying to clean it up but it isn't there yet. So take it with a large grain 
of salt. Also, it's got both my line and my husband's. You want to be 
looking from Sarah Mary Vosper (1928-2012), my husband's mom, on back. Her 
Vosper married into the Arnold family, who were loyalists in Canada. Her 
John Vosper ancestor had a criminal record in the UK for larceny, which is 
why I think he ended up on this side of the pond!

Nice to meet you - I'd love to be included in anything you've got going on 
research wise! Let me know anyway I can help.

Best, Cate Williams

(I'm also sending the original email I got from David Hillman circa 2006-ish.)


No comments:

Post a Comment