Thursday, September 8, 2016

More Trevosper

From: Teri
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 8:59 AM
To: 'P & G Corner'
Subject: RE: More Trevosper

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I had recently seen an article about Richard Pearse while doing my research.  On my father’s side, I’m also related to the Wright Brothers – 8th cousins, 2x removed.  My mother’s side is the Vospers.

Since I had written you I have had enormous luck in tracing the Vosper/Trevosper line.  This is what the Trevosper portion of the line looks like now:

Henricus de Trevoseburgh (1190 - 1250)
19th great-grandfather
() Trevoseburgh (1250 - )
son of Henricus de Trevoseburgh
William Trevoseburgh (1340 - 1400)
son of () Trevoseburgh
William Trefosburgh (1360 - 1410)
son of William Trevoseburgh
Richard Trefosburgh (1380 - 1460)
son of William Trefosburgh
William Trevosper (1410 - 1480)
son of Richard Trefosburgh
John Trevosper (1460 - 1520)
son of William Trevosper
William Trevosper (1490 - 1560)
son of John Trevosper
Johanes Vosper (1511 - 1590)
son of William Trevosper


Although I think there are probably more generations missing between Henricus, at the top and the 3rd one, William.  Much of this is guesswork, with no real indications of lineage found – just mentions of the similar name.  

On a more positive note, in the process of my research I came upon a legal abstract, which I’ve ordered from the National Archives:


This was a MAJOR find, as it links the family to the Giffards, which I have now traced back to the Norman Conquest, with Richard de Clare FitzGilbert, my 29th great grandfather as a cousin of William the Conquerer.  The article you sent me by David Hillman led me to his other online trees, and from there I’ve done extensive searching to validate his, and others’ trees, showing this lineage.  {Feel like my butt is glued to the chair in front of the computer!}

So you see, your input opened up a whole world of genealogy for me to explore! 

The Vosper Cousins are so grateful for your help in this!  I live in Southern California…in the “Vosperverse”….love that phrase!

When you say the house is “very old” – how old is that?  17th century?  19th?

With gratitude,

Teri

From: P & G Corner [mailto:info@trevosper.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:33 AM
To: 'Teri
Subject: More Trevosper


Hello Teri
I'm glad the stuff I sent was of use, the amount of information was however disproportionate to the effort involved!
It was already to hand. Why? Well as this house is very old we sort of did a bit of house history and gathered bits and bobs of information.
Another family here was by the name of Pearse (1809), a descendant Richard William Pearse (1877 - 1953) in New Zealand was an Aviation pioneer allegedly flying a heavier than air machine before the Wright brothers!!
Thank you for the chart of 'cousin distribution', please tell me, where in the Vosperverse do you live?
As you have probably gathered we are in no way related,
The three main homesteads in this small area were the Pypers, the village is now Pipers Pool
Trenault, again is now broken up but still has a large dairy herd
And Trevosper which is now residences and holiday lets.
If there is anything we may be able to help you with pleas let us know
Best regards
Geoff Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment