Thursday, September 8, 2016

VOSPER TREE - FIVE NEW GENERATIONS!

 

 

From: Teri
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 10:00 AM

Subject: VOSPER TREE - FIVE NEW GENERATIONS!

 

Hi Cousins!

 

After following up on Paul’s Trevosper ancestor in his tree (see my last email), I decided to do some searches for ‘Trevosper’.  After an untold number of ‘clicks’ I ended up on a legal library site in Texas which indexes legal briefs in the National Archives of England (the Internet is wonderful!)

 

There, I found a goldmine!  SO MUCH INFO, so little time!  I have prepared the images below to document what I’ve found (which includes all the weblinks), added the new generations to my tree, and put the attached document on the Ancestry.com site.  

 

I have requested a quote for what it will cost to get the two documents I’ve put on there, but there were many others, including the deed records kept at Truro.  It is hard to tell WHO they are for sometimes, as dates are inexact.

 

This gets the Vosper family tree (on the women’s side, I think) back to about 1350….assuming that “Trevosper” is the same as Vosper, and that I’ve got the records in the right place, and that the records were right….

 

This, of course, radically changes our thinking that Johanes Vosper was the first generation in Cornwall, arriving as a refugee.  It pushes the family back to the realm of Henry VII, which agrees with the other reference in the Visitations of Cornwall.  So far, there is no linkage to the Thomas family, which is quartered with the Vospers on the Arms, but I haven’t had time to look into the Downe or Gifford families yet.

 

I am hoping that the records in their entirety will explain a great deal.  Of course, I’m hoping they are written in English, and not Cornish, as that will present another whole set of challenges!

 

Gotta run off to Homeland Security today, which will apparently take most of the day.  Getting a Global Access Card!  Yeah!

 

LOTS more work to do!

 

Enjoy….

 

Teri

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment