Thursday, September 8, 2016

The mining family of Vospers from GERMANY!?!? Sources

From: Yvonne Morant
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2016 7:59 PM
To:
Subject: RE: The mining family of Vospers from GERMANY!?!?

Hi Teri
Thanks for this information; it's very exciting. I have (temporary) access to Find My Past but can not find any relevant records pertaining to deeds or property in their list of records.

In the 'Notes and Queries" reference, the person asking the question about the Vosper name origins in Germany and the coat of arms is signed Lamorna. I skimmed through the rest of the publication but can't see where any response to his/her query has been attempted. I wonder if it is possible a response might have been published in a subsequent edition? Or was the nature of the publication such that there was not necessarily a response? I don't expect you to know the answers just thinking aloud and pondering other lines of inquiry.
However, I do find the notion of Vosper coming from Germany with connections to mining highly plausible.
Yvonne

From: Info Seeker
Sent: Monday, 25 January 2016 10:54 AM
To:
Subject: The mining family of Vospers from GERMANY!?!?

Wow, we are on a roll now!

Cousin Jon, from BERMUDA, son of Robert N Vosper, has come up with the source of what I could not remember – the mining reference in regard to the Vospers (see second URL below).

He also found a second very intriguing query in a book from 1873 (click on the first URL):


It would seem that perhaps the deeds of the properties in Liskeard, St. Bwryan or St. Neot or perhaps from some of the mining operations, may have origination information about the Vosper family!

This is VERY exciting!  I have checked in the past for Vospers in Germany, but didn't find anything.  I did find a name remarkably similar to 'Vosper' in a listing of Russian Jewish names.

GREAT FIND, Jon!

I wonder if any of our ENGLISH cousins, Bill or Graham, would have any way to access these records?  They may be in Truro, but they may be filed in the jurisdictions of the towns.  Does anyone have access to FindMyPast?  Do they have deeds?   (hint, hint!)

I've updated my Ancestry profile for Johanes with this information:  http://person.ancestry.com/tree/47009625/person/6961584721/facts

I'm very excited!  I feel like we're really getting close, now!

Teri

From: Jon Vosper
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:39 AM
To: Info Seeker
Subject: Re: FW: History of the Jews in England

Here are two references to mining:

One in the book "notes and queries" which claims a German connection:






No comments:

Post a Comment