Thursday, September 8, 2016

Relatives in Scotland / Australia - Robin McAuslan

From: Renee Cross
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 2:12 PM
To: Info Seeker
Subject: Re: Relatives in Scotland / Australia

Hello Teri

My son-in-law is Robin McAuslan, whose mother was Margaret Gillan Vosper and her father John Dale Vosper – who I think was the brother of William. Robin is the youngest of three brothers – Peter who lives in Vancouver Island, and David, living in Gourock as is Robin.  Are you descended from William, or further back to the Cornish Vospers?  I'm sure we'll sort it out eventually!
Regards, Renee Cross

From: Infoseeker
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 4:35 PM
To: d.cross13@    Moira Vosper
Subject: Relatives in Scotland / Australia

Hi Vosper cousins!

Moira, I wrote to damarin108 who has Vospers in his line in Greenock, Scotland.  AND YES, it appears he is related to you!  Below is correspondence from him.

Damarin108, are you descended from:

   ???????

I have attached a Vosper Cousin chart so you can see where Moira and I come from, and it will also help you advance your Vosper line of your tree.   I would like to add you to it, and let our other Vosper cousins know about you.  Can you give me your lineage from John Dale Vosper (b. 1887)?  

You can see my Thomas Vosper who matches your Thomas Vosper at http://person.ancestry.com/tree/47009625/person/24452331519/facts ,

Hope we can add you to our list of Vosper cousins!

Teri


Damarin108

Jan 03, 2016
Have only read your message today and was intrigued to hear about William. He's not in my family tree because I can't find him on a census but I've looked up his marriage to Margaret McFerrin in 1917 and see that his parents were John Vosper and Mary Fulton. My son-in-law, Robin McAuslan has called in today and when I asked what he knew he said he remembered his mother (Margaret Vosper) speaking of 'Aunt Meg' in Melbourne. According to the passenger lists they went to Fremantle in 1928. If you would like to get in touch by email my address is: d.cross13@_______.

info_seeker
Dec 19, 2015
Hi. I see you have these members of the Vosper family. I recently got this email on Ancestry which states:

"My husband is John Elliott Vosper; his father is John Elliott Vosper (known as Ian) who was b 1919 in Greenock; his grandfather is William Henry Vosper. William married Margaret Muir McFerrin and the Vosper's and senior McFerrin's emigrated to Australia from in 1929.
William Vosper's father was John Elliott Vosper who married Maryann Gilfillan.

Hope this helps you. Please let me know if there is a family connection as there is one remaining daughter of William and Margaret who would love to hear more news."

You do not show John Elliott Vosper having a son William Henry Vosper. Do you know if this is possible? It seems to be the right family, but I don't see any records for them on Cornwall OPR.....

I'm trying to see if there is a connection with the rest of the Vosper family in Cornwall, of which I'm a descendant....

Thanks for any help you can give...

Teri
<![if !supportLineBreakNewLine]>
<![endif]>

No comments:

Post a Comment