Thursday, September 8, 2016

Questions about Jewish Vosper coat of arms



From: Yvonne Morant
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 8:32 PM
To: Info Seeker
Subject: RE: Questions about Jewish Vosper coat of arms

Thanks Teri
I have just finished reading through all the stuff that Geoff sent, by David Hillman. It looks like David Hillman has tried to look at the originals of the various legal docs but couldn't decipher them either. I guess he must be elderly by now but it will be good if he takes an interest.
I'm  taking off for Kuala Lumpur tomorrow morning so will be preoccupied for a couple of weeks. Good luck.
Yvonne

From: Info Seeker
Sent: Friday, 5 February 2016 11:45 AM
To: 'Yvonne Morant'
Subject: RE: Questions about Jewish Vosper coat of arms

Hi Yvonne.  I think that Francois's suggestion was that they converted to Christianity in Germany/Silesia prior to arriving in England.  I found an interesting article in the JewishEncyclopedia regarding Silesia.  The timing looks good.

Personally, I find the Episcopalian priest troublesome with the Jewish background.  That's a BIG change! 

Actually, I have come across several legal documents that say "Vosper alias Trevosper".  I think I added them to Johanes Rec Vosper.  So I think we have a solid connection there. 

What I have been learning is that the guy who made up the pedigree chart in Visitations did not do careful research, as the corrections I've made to it, from baptismal and marriage records, indicate. 

The article from the Journal (which the Trevosper Barn innkeepers sent), also talks about how debunked that pedigree is (on page 3, I think).  Francois has shown that the 'Thomas' portion of the Arms is related to only his family, farther down in the genealogy.

The Journal article is written by David Hillman, the same guy who did the genealogy.com website you found.  He HAS responded to me, now, and I hope to figure out what his sources were for all his work.

Like you, I don't have a membership in Cornwall FHS, and I wondered what the databases include.  Is it the same stuff as OPR? 

I got the records from the Cornwall Records Office today, and they are virtually unreadable.  They will take a lot of time to decipher, and any record we would get from CFHS  regarding this period of time will probably be the same….

It's been a long day, and I'm tired.  You're probably just starting your day!

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment